Are there aspects of your job that break your heart and drain your soul? Veterinarian Kate Hurley remembers feeling that way. Nobody becomes a vet to euthanize animals, but that’s exactly what used to happen in shelters across the country. Dr. Kate Hurley, who co-founded the field of Shelter Medicine, is our guest and in this
Join us next week when we’ll de-brief this episode with Dan Heath and look at how she masterfully applied the principles from the book that he wrote with his brother, Chip, SWITCH.
- How to discover new solutions to old problems
- The vulnerability that comes with acknowledging there’s room for progress
- Taking inspiration from other sectors and sources of wisdom
- How to tap into motivation to spark change
- The power of committing to a bold, quantifiable aim
- Letting go of things you can’t control
- Working effectively within oppressive systems
Update: In July, 2019, the Million Cat Challenge passed the 2,000,000 lives saved mark.