If you are fortunate enough to live a long life, it is all too likely that you will experience ageism. Sadly, older adults are sometimes viewed as a liability versus the tremendous asset they are. In this episode, Eunice and Becky discuss the importance and power of intergenerational work and Encore’s bold reimagining of what it means to be an older adult.
- How Eunice’s identity as an Asian American woman shapes her work
- How the Gen2Gen project is mobilizing 1 million older adults to show up for kids
- Why innovation is not just for the young
- The wisdom that can come from living through dark times
- Why you shouldn’t say, “Ok, Boomer.”
- Why young people need older people in their lives.
Follow Eunice on Twitter: @eunicelnichols
Nuns and Nones: https://www.nunsandnones.org/
Adam Horowitz Poem, “To Our Elders”
Experience Corps: https://www.aarp.org/experience-corps/
EnCorps STEM Teachers Program: https://www.encorps.org/